Your budget gives you permission to say “yes” to things you value or need. It also tells you how many times you can say “yes” for the month, taking the guesswork out of it!
This is not an abstract concept – budgeting money is not just about managing little green slips of paper, it’s about making decisions beforehand on how you’re going to act in the following areas:
I use www.everydollar.com to get it done.
- Decide with your significant other that your are going to commit to winning financially. If single, identify someone you trust as an accountability partner!
- Choose what to use (app, excel, paper & pencil)
- Enter projected income & expenses for next month, giving every dollar an assignment
- Track spending daily (yes, really)
- Evaluate success and adjust as necessary